« Return to event
Time: 12:15 PM - 1:00 PM
Track: Track 1
Oracle logical replication based on redo log mining is used by many tools such as GoldenGate, Streams and others. There are 3 fundamental principles that govern how all these replication solutions work. The 3 principles are around conversion, identification and conflicts of the replicated data.
This session will explain what the 3 principles are, how they work and provides demos as proof. Other topics addressed are managing conflicts, commit strategies, sequences, updating primary keys and the difference between logical and physical replication.
This information is good grounding for DBAs, architects or developers that require replication from one database to another for reporting, data-warehousing, migrations, workflow, or relocating data to the cloud.
Attendees will be able to:
- Understand the fundamental principles that underly all logical replication tools such as GoldenGate, Streams and third party tools
- Identify the reasons for bottlenecks when using these replication technologies
- Apply these principles to future replication project to ensure a higher success rate and add value to the business
- Design better replication platforms
- Understand the critical components when replicating to the cloud
- Arjen Visser, Dbvisit Software
Published: 28.06.2016 - This document is restricted to members