« Return to event
Time: 11:25 AM - 12:10 PM
Track: Track 2
This session examines remote and distributed queries and transactions over database links. The problem of multiple transaction branches involving RAC database instances are explored followed by Oracle Single Phase and Two Phase commit processing over DB Links including:
- Prepare, Response to Prepare, Commit/Rollback and Forget phases.
- Next is a discussion of two phase commit in-doubt failures and resolution using the Recoverer Process (RECO) or DBA manual resolution.
- Finally the implications of Point in Time Recovery on Distributed Databases is examined.
Top three things tht the audience will take away from the presentation:
- Understand concepts of Remote and Distributed Queries and Transactions
- Create a recovery strategy in the event of a failure during two-phase commit processing
- Create a recovery strategy for distributed databases when doing point in time recovery of flashback database.
Published: 18.06.2015 - This document is restricted to members