« Return to event
Time: 6:30 PM - 7:15 PM
Track: Track 1
When I first worked with ASM over 10 years ago when ASM was called OSM, I remember thinking ASM would never be accepted by the DBA community in the real world and production databases would continue to run on file systems forever. Now working for a large UK corporation who have fully embraced the technology I have become familiar with its strengths and weaknesses.
Topics will include:-
- History of ASM
- Brief summary of functionality / redundancy types etc
- How to provision LUNs for ASM on Linux and Solaris in Clustered environments
- Troubleshooting Tools like kfed, dd etc.
- ASM in the Exadata environment
- One ASM 12c feature everyone must turn on!
- ASM oddities (e.g. diskgroups that appear full when they have no files on them!)
Published: 14.10.2015 - This document is restricted to members