...and why customers and partners should be UKOUG members
On this page:
Who are UK Oracle User Group (UKOUG)?
UKOUG exists to serve the Oracle community in the UK and Ireland. We act as a focal point for sharing knowledge about Oracle applications, technologies, tools and developments and, as an independent, not for profit membership organisation, represent the views of users and partners to Oracle.
UKOUG is run by a combination of Volunteers (elected by UKOUG members) and permanent office staff.
Key points about UKOUG:
- Not for profit, independent, trusted membership organisation created over 25 years ago to support all Oracle stakeholders
- Events – we run over 80 a year throughout UK & Ireland
- Members – over 1,000 organisations, 1,300 memberships, 8,000 direct member contacts, with over 66,000 contacts in our database
- Partners – 123 Oracle resellers and consultants
- Size – £2m turnover, over 175 volunteers and 18 permanent employees,
- Based in Wimbledon, London
- Website - www.ukoug.org
The community and how we all fit together:
UKOUG and events
UKOUG provides a variety of events that include Special Interest Group meetings (SIGs), conferences, forums and webinars. We pride ourselves on providing professional events where our members can learn, network and share their experiences of using Oracle products.
All our events require volunteers to assist the UKOUG office staff to deliver the best possible content to our members. UKOUG have a dedicated group of over 175 volunteers made up of both Oracle customers and partners, who are assisted by Oracle and UKOUG employees to set the agendas at all events.
To view a full list of all UKOUG products and services, click here.
To view a guide on how to gain value from UKOUG membership, click here.
What’s in it for the customer?
UKOUG members are more satisfied with their Oracle products than non-members. Why? Access to peers and to Oracle.
- The customer is reassured they are not alone
- UKOUG members have a collective voice with the ability to influence Oracle
- Networking and educational opportunities
- Training discounts, personal online profile, regular ebulletins and copies of the Oracle Scene publication
- Customers share good examples of Oracle products/services in use, and network with eachother.
- It's a great way to get the inside track - members hear not only from Oracle, but also the real life experiences of Oracle Partners and Customers.
...Where else can you get all this information from one place?
What do UKOUG members consider to be the biggest membership benefit?
- “The chance to see what others are doing and to ensure we are carrying out best practice” Peter Mahaffey, River Island
- “Networking and opportunities to see new developments from Oracle and Oracle Partners” Ronnie Batten, Co-op
- “Training discounts and free day passes” Danny Mansfield, Northern & Shell Network
- “Opportunity to meet lots of other people, who know their stuff and face the same kinds of issues as oneself” Angela Tuck, Universtitet i Bergen
- “High quality presentations from other Oracle users” Philip Martin, North Yorkshire Police
- “Shared knowledge and experience of Oracle products and a very good resource to come much closer to Oracle.” Bharat Kothari, Flowserve
- “The insight into how Oracle applications work in the real world and the changes in the pipe-line.” Philip Orme, Cedar HR