UKOUG membership elects the Member Advocates, and then the board determines each year, which Member Advocate is best placed to serve as Member Advocate Chair.
The duties for this Member Advocate Chair are covered in the Member Advocate role description. Additional responsibilities and information is listed below.
Term time: 1 year
Current elected term: March 2018 – March 2019
Coordinates internal communications between Members, UKOUG Board and Oracle. Facilitates Strategy planning. Represents members on the Board.
Responsibilities of Member Advocate Chair
- Deliver internal communications between Members and Operating Group/Board –UKOUG business activities
- Delivers internal communications between Members and Oracle
- Facilitates Strategy planning
- Strategy of Membership Offerings and UKOUG Communities
- Initial go-to for subject matter expertise, Member Advocate Chair is not expected to know everything but will know the best person to approach
- Identifies member working group leaders/volunteers
- Is the escalation point for membership
- Is the primary contact for the Chief Executive
Key Duty as a Non-Executive Director reporting to the Board
- Act in good faith in what they honestly believe to be the best interests of UKOUG, and not for any collateral purpose. This means that, particularly in the event of a conflict of interest between UKOUG interests, their own or their employer’s, the directors must always favour UKOUG.
For all other details please view the Member Advocate role description.
Send this page to your friend