The voluntary (unpaid) role is elected by the UKOUG Membership and the organisation the president preferably works for is a UKOUG end user member.
The President Elect is not designated as a board member, however when succeeding into the President role they will then join the Board.
Term time: 1 to 3 years* (1 President Elect + 2 with succession to President) *dependent on election cycle
Elected term as President Elect: October 2016 - March 2017
Elected term as President: March 2017 - March 2019
- To prepare for presidency of UKOUG
- An external facing ambassador for UKOUG
- Represent the membership within the Board.
Shadow/support and deputise for the President :
Current Presidential duties include:
- Press commitments – media spokesperson for UKOUG.
- Conferences – deliver introduction/keynote presentation, host duties.
- Focal point for interaction with Oracle – develop and focus on external relationships in the Oracle community.
Agree with Member Advocate Board members’ attendance at the following
- EOUC Presidents meetings (2 days)
- IOUC Presidents meetings (4 days)
- Oracle OpenWorld (7 days)
- Other International OUG meetings as approved and budgeted
Duties as a Board Member reporting to the Board
1. Ensure that the organisation complies with its governing documents and company law, and other relevant legislation or regulations.
2. Ensure that the organisation pursues its objects as defined in its governing document.
3. Ensure that the organisation applies its resources exclusively in pursuance of its objects.
4. Give firm strategic direction to the organisation, setting overall policy, defining goals, setting targets and evaluating performance against agreed targets.
5. Safeguard the good name and ethos of the organisation.
6. Ensure the effective and efficient administration of the organisation.
7. Act in good faith in what they honestly believe to be the best interests of UKOUG, and not for any collateral purpose. This means that, particularly in the event of a conflict of interest between UKOUG’s interests and their own, the directors must always favour UKOUG.
8. Evangelise and actively promote the work and image of the UKOUG.
Reporting to UKOUG President
Expected average 8 hours per month with the support of your member organisation plus conference attendance as required.
Where appropriate, serve on sub-committees / working groups. (Payment & rate are subject to project preapproved budget)
Skills & Experience
- Past success working with a Board of Directors with the ability to cultivate existing board
- Experience in community relations
- Thoroughly committed to UKOUG non-profit's mission & strategy
- Experience with Oracle marketplace/economy and UKOUG community
- All candidates should have proven leadership and relationship management experience
- Displays integrity, models behaviour, adaptable
- Public relations experience with the ability to engage a wide range of stakeholders
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; a persuasive and passionate communicator
with excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people
- Engage with UKOUG membership
- Passion, idealism, positive attitude, mission-driven, and self-directed