The voluntary (unpaid) role is elected by the UKOUG Membership and the organisation the president preferably works for is a UKOUG end user member.
The President Elect is not designated as a board member, however when succeeding into the President role they will then join the Board.
Term time: 1 to 3 years* (1 President Elect + 2 with succession to President) *dependent on election cycle
Elected term as President Elect: March 2018 - March 2019
Elected term as President: March 2019 - March 2021
- To prepare for presidency of UKOUG
- An external facing ambassador for UKOUG
- Represent the membership within the Board
- Attend Board meetings
- Shadow/support and deputise for the President.
Current Presidential duties include:
- Press commitments – media spokesperson for UKOUG.
- Conferences – deliver introduction/keynote presentation, host duties.
- Focal point for interaction with Oracle – develop and focus on external relationships in the Oracle community.
Duties as President Elect
- Ensure that the organisation complies with its governing documents and company law, and other relevant legislation or regulations.
- Ensure that the organisation pursues its objects as defined in its governing document.
- Ensure that the organisation applies its resources exclusively in pursuance of its objects.
- Give firm strategic direction to the organisation, setting overall policy, defining goals, setting targets and evaluating performance against agreed targets.
- Safeguard the good name and ethos of the organisation.
- Ensure the effective and efficient administration of the organisation.
- Evangelise and actively promote the work and image of the UKOUG.
Key Duty as President Elect reporting to the Board
- Act in good faith in what they honestly believe to be the best interests of UKOUG, and not for any collateral purpose. This means that, particularly in the event of a conflict of interest between UKOUG interests, their own or their employer’s, the directors must always favour UKOUG.
Agree with Member Advocate Board members’ attendance at the following
- UKOUG Special Interest Group Meetings
- UKOUG Events
- UKOUG Flagship Conferences (3-4 days)
- Potentially: EOUC Presidents meetings (2 days)
- Potentially: IOUC Presidents meetings (4 days)
- Potentially: Oracle OpenWorld (7 days)
- Other OUG meetings as approved and budgeted, expenses paid by UKOUG
Reporting to UKOUG Membership
Expected commitment: attendance at 4 (½ day) board meetings per year, plus ½ days review / prepare for board meetings. In addition, one-hour Board calls are scheduled for most months.
Expected hours, not less than 8-12 hours per month with the support of you member organisation plus conference attendance as required.
Communication will usually be via e-mail and basecamp where we ask that responses are received within a maximum of three days.
Skills & Experience
- Past success working with a Board of Directors with the ability to cultivate existing board
- Experience in community relations
- Thoroughly committed to UKOUG non-profit's mission & strategy
- Experience with Oracle marketplace/economy and UKOUG community
- All candidates should have proven leadership and relationship management experience
- Displays integrity, models behaviour, adaptable
- Public relations experience with the ability to engage a wide range of stakeholders
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; a persuasive and passionate communicator
with excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people
- Engage with UKOUG membership
- Passion, idealism, positive attitude, mission-driven, and self-directed
Send this page to your friend