This role is a non-executive director and is a member of the board of directors but does not form part of the executive management team.
The voluntary role is elected by the UKOUG Members. The organisation the President works for is preferably a UKOUG end user member.
Current elected term: March 2017 - March 2019
The duties cover two areas: those designated to the non-exec director and those designated to being a Board Member as outlined below.
Term time: 2 years
- UKOUG President is the external facing ambassador for UKOUG - the public face of UKOUG external communications with Press and relationships with Oracle. Represents members on the Board.
- Press commitments - media spokesperson for UKOUG
- Flagship conferences - deliver introduction/ keynote presentation, host duties, ambassador role
- Delivers internal communications between Members and Oracle
- Focal point for interaction with Oracle - develop and focus on external relationships in the Oracle community
- Prepare a regular President's report - to be made available to the Board
- Mentors and coaches President Elect
Duties as President reporting to the Board
- Ensure that the organisation complies with its governing documents and company law, and other relevant legislation or regulations.
- Ensure that the organisation pursues its objects as defined in its governing document.
- Ensure that the organisation applies its resources exclusively in pursuance of its objects.
- Give firm strategic direction to the organisation, setting overall policy, defining goals, setting targets and evaluating performance against agreed targets.
- Safeguard the good name and ethos of the organisation.
- Ensure the effective and efficient administration of the organisation.
- Evangelise and actively promote the work and image of the UKOUG.
Key Duty as President Elect reporting to the Board
- Act in good faith in what they honestly believe to be the best interests of UKOUG, and not for any collateral purpose. This means that, particularly in the event of a conflict of interest between UKOUG interests, their own or their employer’s, the directors must always favour UKOUG.
Agree with Member Advocate Board members’ attendance at the following
- UKOUG Special Interest Group Meetings
- UKOUG Events
- UKOUG Flagship Conferences (3-4 days)
- Potentially: EOUC Presidents meetings (2 days)
- Potentially: IOUC Presidents meetings (4 days)
- Potentially: Oracle OpenWorld (7 days)
- Other OUG meetings as approved and budgeted, expenses paid by UKOUG
Reporting to UKOUG Membership
Expected commitment: attendance at 4 (½ day) board meetings per year, plus ½ days review / prepare for board meetings. In addition, one-hour Board calls are scheduled for most months.
Expected hours, not less than 8-12 hours per month with the support of you member organisation plus conference attendance as required.
Where appropriate, serve on sub-committees / working groups. (Payment & rate are subject to project preapproved budget). Communication will usually be via e-mail and basecamp where we ask that responses are received within a maximum of three days.
Skills & Experience:
- Past success working with a Board of Directors with the ability to cultivate existing board member relationships
- Experience in community relations
- Thoroughly committed to UKOUG Nonprofit's mission & strategy
- Experience with Oracle marketplace/ economy and UKOUG community
- Proven leadership, and relationship management experience
- Unwavering commitment to quality programs and data-driven program evaluation
- Displays integrity, models behaviour, adaptable
- Public relations experience with the ability to engage a wide range of stakeholders
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; a persuasive and passionate communicator with excellent interpersonal and multidisciplinary project skills
- Ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people
- Passion, idealism, positive attitude, mission-driven, and self-directed
Send this page to your friend