Exercise your right to vote in the UKOUG Council elections
- View the candidates
- Submit your vote online (voting now closed)
- Download paper ballot form below
As UKOUG is a membership organisation, all main contacts are entitled to shape the Council – and the future of UKOUG.
It is vital that you do vote. By doing so, you are being part of the process of ensuring that the Council represents your needs to Oracle and that the products and services are the ones you require.
What does the Council do?
The Council is made up of elected members who, as representatives of the membership, define the strategy for UKOUG and are responsible for the choice of products and services that satisfy the needs of you, our members. We strive to attract a balanced Council with a mixture of skills and disciplines from all of the Oracle communities and are reliant upon your vote to achieve that. There are 15 Council positions and each is elected to serve a 3 year term. This year 10 places are up for election.
Why are the elections important?
The elections are important because they determine which communities are represented, and ultimately who steers your user group and represents your interests to Oracle Corporation, the Oracle community worldwide and to the Oracle eco-system in the UK.
Each membership has a vote, and as the main contact for your organisation’s membership you can vote for each of the nominees, but if you have a colleague who you feel is better placed to make that judgement, perhaps an active SIG member, then please ask them for their recommendation or pass them the right to vote.
By voting you are…
- expressing your opinion as to the fitness of the elected leaders and their policies
- ensuring that the people in charge reflect your views and champion the issues that are important to you.
- helping to shape what UKOUG does and how it does it
- having a say in who steers your user group
By not voting you are…
- abdicating your right to influence
- allowing the will of others, whose opinions maybe contrary to your own, to prevail
- accepting that the future of the UKOUG is what it is without you being a part of that
Think about what you need from the Council
- A Council that speaks for the whole membership and not just a small part of it
- It needs to understand the whole Oracle community and its needs
Think about the candidates
- Where have candidates come from?
- What will their contribution be?
- Which communities are represented and which are not
Please think... and vote for the right people to represent you!
Voting is open until midnight on Thursday 8th March 2012
View the candidates / Submit your vote online / Download paper ballot form below