3 March 2014
Make sure you start the ball rolling now to avoid any disappointment this year
Conference pass allowances for UKOUG memberships changed at the beginning of 2013, meaning some main contacts weren’t sure how many people could attend our conferences for free under their membership. This confusion left some main contacts having to scrabble about at the last minute in order to get internal authorisation to upgrade their membership or buy extra tickets to the conferences so their teams could attend.
This year, make sure you know exactly how many conference tickets are available to you and your colleagues with your membership. Working out who would like to attend and whether you will need to buy extra day tickets or upgrade your membership in due time will save you any hassle come the time of our conferences, which is always a busy time in the office.
What you can do now to prepare for the conferences later this year...
- Ask your colleagues whether they would like to attend
- Ensure those colleagues are attached to your membership in advance
- Are they attending more than one conference?
- Check your conference tickets will cover all of their attendance
- Book your colleagues onto the conference as soon as registration opens to allow for any problems
- Upgrade early if need be or get clearance for extra day tickets from your procurement dept
Keep up to date by visiting the conference websites:
If you have any questions at all about your membership, contact our membership team on +44 (0)20 8545 9670 or at email@example.com