We spoke to Michael Hichwa - our UKOUG Technology Conference & Exhibition 2016 "Development" Community Keynote speaker - to find out why his session is a must attend, and whats going on within the industry.
| Vice President, Software Development,
Here's what he had to say:
What industry trends do you feel developers should be aware of?
- Low code Application Development / rapid application development
- Responsive web application design
- Application Platform as a Service (aPaaS)
- Continuous Build / Continuous Integration and overall lifecycle automation
- Trend to new higher level App Dev frameworks that enhance developer productivity
- RESTful web services
Where do you see your area of Oracle Technology heading in the next 12 months?
- Release of forthcoming APEX 5.1
- New release of SQL Developer 4.2
- SQL Developer command line (SQLcl)
- Improvements to our open source node.js driver
- Oracle 22.214.171.124 database release
Why do you feel User Group events are beneficial for attendees?
- Exposure to Oracle Developers, Ask any question
- New product and feature release updates
- Exposure to others who are pushing products in innovative ways
Why have you picked this topic for your keynote presentation?
- Keynote title: Oracle APEX past present and Future
- As the original architect and overall development manager I have unique insight”
What three key takeaways will attendees gain from attending your session?
- Stronger appreciation for low code / rapid application development
- Insight into future direction
- Positioning of Oracle APEX with other Oracle tool offerings, and when its the right/wrong tool
Check out the abstract for his enagging and interactive keynote - or to find out more about Michael view the keynote page.
Are you attending Tech16? With only three weeks to go until the big event, view the agenda and book your place today!