28 August 2015
This book covers everything a Toad user needs to know to maximize its value and increase their productivity. Toad experts Bert Scalzo and Dan Hotka share key insights and best practices that any Toad user from novice to expert will find valuable.
Drawing on their unsurpassed experience running Toad in production Oracle environments, Scalzo and Hotka thoroughly cover every area of Toad’s functionality. You’ll find practical insights into each of Toad’s most useful tools, from App Designer to Doc Generator, ER Diagrammer to Code Road Map. The authors offer proven solutions you can apply immediately to solve a wide variety of problems, from maintaining code integrity to automating performance and scalability testing.
Learn how to…
- Install and launch Toad, connect to a database, and explore Toad’s new features
- Customize Toad to optimize productivity in your environment
- Use the Editor Window to execute SQL and PL/SQL, and view, save, or convert data
- Browse your schema, and create and edit objects
- Quickly generate useful reports with FastReport and Report Manager
- Clarify your database’s tables and data with the powerful Entity Relationship Diagrammer (ERD) and HTML documentation generator
- Work more efficiently with PL/SQL using code templates, snippets, and shortcuts
- Automate actions and applications with Automation Designer
- Perform key DBA tasks including database health checks, tablespace management, database and schema comparisons, and object rebuilding
- Identify and optimize poorlyperforming SQL and applications
Send this page to your friend