This Special Interest Group forms part of the Oracle Technology community. The offerings for users of Oracle Spatial comprise of SIGs, customer forums, an extensive online library, publications, fortnightly ebulletins as well as the opportunity to present at one of our events.
Is this community for me?
The Oracle Spatial SIG provides a focal point for existing and potential users of Oracle Spatial and Oracle Locator. These are database features for storing and manipulating location data within a standards-based enterprise environment.
These tools are used by public and private sector organisations to integrate large volumes of diverse business data to support their business and policy objectives.
Objectives of the Oracle Spatial SIG:
- To promote awareness and encourage greater use of the Oracle Spatial and Oracle Locator
- To provide user presentations on areas of interest such as: Topology, Performance Tuning, Spatial Data Dissemination and Systems Integration
- To provide workshops or forums for members to meet and share experiences and
- To provide open discussion with Oracle, the User Group and other users and developers
- To encourage contributions and feedback to enhance the group
- To provide an opportunity for third party solutions providers to present complementary products and services.
We aim to arrange for demonstration areas to be available at our Special Interest Group Meetings.
Events for this group include Oracle Spatial SIGs - view the calendar for upcoming dates & agendas.
Find out about presenting and how to engage with this group further. If you would be interested in sponsoring an event please contact Kerry Stuart or view our opportunities page.
Oracle Spatial Committee:
Co Chair - Chris Underwood, ESRI
Co Chair - Phil Francis, So Spatial
Co Chair - Tom Timms, 1Spatial
Oracle Liaison - Martin Morley
UKOUG Project Manager - Jake Potter
View the event calendar now.