This Special Interest Group forms part of the Oracle Technology community. The offerings for users of Oracle Spatial comprise of SIGs, customer forums, an extensive online library, publications, fortnightly ebulletins as well as the opportunity to present at one of our events.
Is this Special Interest Group (SIG) for me?
The Oracle Spatial SIG provides a focal point for existing and potential users of Oracle Spatial and Oracle Locator. These are database features for storing and manipulating location data within a standards-based enterprise environment. These tools are used by public and private sector organisations to integrate large volumes of diverse business data to support their business and policy objectives.
What does this Special Interest Group (SIG) offer?
The SIG offers user presentations on areas of interest such as: Topology, Performance Tuning, Spatial Data Dissemination and Systems Integration
Aims & Objectives
- To promote awareness and encourage greater use of the Oracle Spatial and Oracle Locator
- To provide open discussion with Oracle, the User Group and other users and developers
- To encourage contributions and feedback to enhance the group
Benefits of being involved
- The SIG provides an opportunity for third party solutions providers to present complementary products and services.
- It also provides workshops or forums for members to meet and share experiences
Interested in presenting or joining the committee?
Are you a partner? Are you looking for ways to support UKOUG?
Visit our Partner Area for further information or contact Kerry Stuart on +44 (0)20 8545 9685.
You may also be interested in
Oracle Coherence SIG
App Server & Middleware SIG
RAC Cloud Infrastructure & Availability SIG
Co Chair - Chris Underwood, ESRI
Co Chair - Phil Francis, So Spatial
Co Chair - Tom Timms, 1Spatial
Oracle Liaison - Martin Morley
UKOUG Project Manager - Jake Potter
View the event calendar now.