15 October 2013
We're having a fantastic conference!
Our sold out conference, Apps13 kicked off yesterday and has been a great success. Here's a run down on what's happened so far...
- Excellent Oracle Keynotes from Cliff Godwin, Aaron Shidler, Jeremy Ashley and Chris Tomkins
- 2 CRM streams which included an opening Keynote presentation from Aaron Shidler, Vice President Oracle Applications Development at Oracle
- Delegates had the chance to unwind in the evening in our buzzing exhibition hall with drinks sponsored by VIP Apps
- Delegates take part in UX sessions over 2 days
- Opening Keynote - There was a fantastic opening keynote presentation from Dermot O'Kelly and Karen Clarke, which was all about the Oracle journey. The "journey" was demonstrated by a lost individual named Paul, where Karen stressed the importance of knowing the right path to take on your business's Oracle journey
- Tuesday saw the arrival of the PeopleSoft and Hyperion communities who were able to enjoy Oracle keynotes from Rich Wilkie & Colleen Murray
- The Hands on sessions proved extremely popular and were maxed out
- The evenings entertainment starts with the Exhibition drinks followed by Motown Magic - We can't wait for our Motown themed social taking place tonight! Photo's to follow soon!
Here are some tweets from attendees:
Mark Hemmings @mph999
Fantastic buzz at the Brewery yesterday, customers and partner gathering. #ukoug_apps13
Duncan Davies @Duncan_Davies
Arrived at #ukoug_apps13 for two days of solid PeopleSoft content.
Fi Martin @fionaemartin
Karen Clarke describing how technology has changed our business processes over the years #ukoug_apps13 pic.twitter.com/Ua7am8tQOt
Matt Searle @oraclematt
Day one of #ukoug_apps13 complete, pleased with how my presentation went. Lots more to see tomorrow!!
Follow the chatter on twitter at #ukoug_apps13
The UKOUG mobile app also had record numbers of hits and downloads with delegates keeping up to date with onsite news and planning their personalised agendas.
News of Day 3 to follow.