Councillors nominations will close on 12th February - Take part and represent your community.
Dear UKOUG Member,
I am writing to advise you that elections for Councillors within UKOUG will be taking place this forthcoming February.
Members of UKOUG vote to elect members of Council. The Council then, in turn, will nominate representatives to the Board, and appoint members of the Executive.
With this in mind, we are now seeking nominations from the membership for Councillor positions on the UKOUG Council.
The election cycle
The call for nominations is distributed during January. Nominations are received from the membership during January/February. Voting is opened to the membership in February and successful candidates will be notified in March.
The requirements for holding a councillor position with the UKOUG are as follows:
- There are four full day face-to-face Council meetings held during the year, plus monthly conference calls. All Councillors must be able to devote sufficient time to attend at Council meetings and follow through on their area of activity. The time expectation is up to one day per month, including meeting attendance. Full support is provided by the UKOUG Director of Operations and his team.
- Council must be committed to the strategic direction of the User Group for the benefit of all its members.
- The term of office for a councillor is 3 years.
- Candidates may nominate themselves.
- Nominees must be fully paid up and remain paid up members of UKOUG during their term as a councillor.
- These are voluntary positions, however expenses are paid.
- All UKOUG Councillors must sign a confidentiality (non disclosure) agreement.
- Each nominee is required to provide a statement of how they are able to contribute to the UKOUG, together with a brief CV. These statements will be available for members to view on a closed part of UKOUG’s website; these statements and CVs may also be distributed with the voting cards.
- Nominees must be fully paid up members of UKOUG and throughout their term of office once elected.
If you or a colleague would like to contribute to the ongoing success of UKOUG, as a Councillor, please submit your/their nominations at:
<form removed nominations closed>
Please note that all nominations must be received by 5pm 12th February 2013.
Should you require any further information or advice, please contact me via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively by telephone on +44 (0)20 8545 9677.
Director of Operations/ Company Secretary