We spoke to Frances Zhao-Perez and James Kao - our UKOUG Technology Conference & Exhibition 2016 "DevOps" Community Keynote speakers - to find out why their session is a must attend, and whats going on within the industry.
| Director, Product Management,
|Senior Director, Product Management,
Here's what they had to say:
- What industry trends do you feel developers should be aware of?
DevOps and continuous delivery – in particular, the development-heavy form of DevOps where developers will gain increasing control and responsibility for production deployment and ongoing continuity
- Where do you see your area of Oracle Technology heading in the next 12 months?
Management will move closer in alignment to development, with the importance of APIs and support for continuous delivery increasing
- Why do you feel User Group events are beneficial for attendees?
User groups are a key way for attendees to learn about new product developments and influence the direction of products. The interactivity provided by the more intimate user group setting enables more detailed discussion and interaction.
- Why have you picked this topic for your keynote presentation?
As release cycles shorten and DevOps drives more automated releases, management and monitoring must be integrated into the continuous delivery pipeline. What used to be a task performed as the last step in a long production readiness cycle will now also need to be integrated into the delivery pipeline.
- What three key takeaways will attendees gain from attending your session?
(1) Why DevOps is important and inevitable for developers
(2) Why management is integral to DevOps success
(3) How to integrate management and monitoring into a DevOps continuous delivery pipeline.
Check out the abstract for their enagging and interactive keynote - or to find out more about Frances and James view the keynote page.
Are you attending Tech16? With only three weeks to go until the big event, view the agenda and book your place today!