27 May 2014
Becoming Oracle-certified can add integrity to your professional profile and shows your employer and future employers that you are up to date on the latest knowledge, best practices and are serious about your career.
All UKOUG members can claim a 10% discount on ANY Oracle University course so have a look at the Oracle University directory of courses and fill in our enquiry form to claim your discount. We will then send your details to one of our Oracle-affiliated training providers and they will contact you to let you know available dates, venues and the cost of the course with your discount.
Why becoming IT-certified matters
- IT is the fastest-changing profession
- There is constant pressure on IT professionals to keep their knowledge and skills up-to-date
- Having a certification is something that is measurable and shows your capability
- Research shows that IT certification can boost the performance of IT teams
- Every student will become an 'Oracle-Certified professional' and be able to display the logo in their signatures
Proof from the experts
IDC Research figures – International Data Corporation (IDC) is the premier global provider of market intelligence, advisory services and events for the information technology, telecommunications and consumer technology markets.
- 20% lower unscheduled downtime
- 20% less spend on support costs for network management
- 40% more support calls handled per person
There is a positive correlation between the average performance percentile of the IT team and the % of the members of the team who are certified. Each new certification to the team increases overall team performance, therefore the more team members certified, the better the team will perform.
Contact Karina at Karina@ukoug.org or on +44 (0)20 8545 9674 if you would like more information about claiming your Oracle University discount or any other UKOUG discount.