Intuitive GUI, improved multi-byte character support, native log-based SQL Server CDC provide organizations with a competitive advantage while reducing total cost of ownership...
DataMirror unveils New Version of Data Integration Solution: Transformation Server 6.0
Intuitive GUI, improved multi-byte character support, native log-based SQL Server CDC provide organizations with a competitive advantage while reducing total cost of ownership
LAS VEGAS - TDWI World Conference-Winter 2007, Booth #308 - (February 20, 2007) - DataMirror® (TSX: DMC), a leading provider of real-time data integration and data protection solutions, today unveiled DataMirror Transformation Server 6.0, delivering significant usability and support enhancements to help organizations make smarter business decisions and maximize their business intelligence return on investment (ROI).
DataMirror will be showcasing Transformation Server 6.0 at TDWI's World Conference-Winter 2007 (Booth #308), being held February 18-23, 2007 at Caesars Palace in Las Vegas.
Transformation Server 6.0 Highlights
DataMirror Transformation Server is a high-performance, real-time and bi-directional data integration solution that uses industry-leading log-based Change Data Capture (CDC) technology to capture changed data from existing database recovery logs, avoiding the overheads and risks associated with trigger-based and table-scan based solutions. Data changes are captured in the source system as they happen and flow immediately to the target database systems or middleware message queues, keeping distributed information up-to-date and in sync.
Transformation Server 6.0 is packed with a number of powerful new features including:
- Redesigned User Interface - A new intuitive graphical user interface (GUI) makes it easier to create and manage the replication process. With the enhanced Transformation Server 6.0 GUI, users can quickly specify tables for replication, set up data transformations, include custom business logic, and monitor replication processes. Monitoring, configuration and control are consolidated in the single GUI, providing increased visibility into the integration processes and shortening the learning curve. This enables users to implement Transformation Server quickly and easily, thereby increasing overall employee productivity and reducing total cost of ownership.
- Enhanced Monitoring Features - The new GUI provides a diagram of Transformation Server's replication environment for improved high-level monitoring. Latency statistics and the event log can be accessed directly from the replication diagram for more detailed troubleshooting and easier problem detection and diagnosis. There is no need to open multiple windows or manually create replication diagrams, resulting in quicker problem resolution.
- Improved Change Management - The new promotion wizard in the enhanced GUI lets users automatically promote changes in their Transformation Server replication environment from development to test to production, speeding deployment time and reducing copy-and-paste errors due to manual change promotion. The promotion wizard can also create copies, backups and templates of Transformation Server replication configurations which help in support situations and expedite the replication configuration for a similar system, thereby saving time and reducing environmental complexity.
- Character Set and Encoding Support - Transformation Server 6.0 improves support for replication of multi-byte character sets (MBCS) including traditional Chinese, simplified Chinese, Korean and Japanese. Companies operating in international markets can now use Transformation Server for all of their integration projects between different character encodings, no matter where the data resides. All of the necessary conversions are handled directly within the product, thereby reducing the IT maintenance costs associated with the intricacies of data conversion issues.
- Improved SQL Server Support - Transformation Server 6.0 provides native log-based Change Data Capture (CDC) for Microsoft SQL Server platforms which improves scalability and reduces latency. New target-side performance enhancements provide greater end-to-end data replication throughput. As more businesses deal with increasing volumes of data, making their source systems very sensitive to any additional processing load, log-based CDC provides very low impact on source systems since the overhead associated with reading the log is minimal compared to other CDC methods, such as querying the database for changes.
"In today's competitive business landscape, time means money," said Lucian Mustatea, Vice President, Development, DataMirror Corp. "Transformation Server 6.0's intuitive GUI, improved multi-byte character support, and continued platform expansion of native log-based Change Data Capture make it easier and quicker for organizations to solve business problems to compete on a global basis. They gain better visibility into their data processes and have more control over their data replication environment."
For more information about Transformation Server, visit www.datamirror.com/ts.
DataMirror (TSX: DMC), a leading provider of real-time data integration and data protection solutions, improves the integrity and reliability of information across all of the systems that create and store data. DataMirror's flexible and affordable integration solutions allow customers to easily and continuously detect, translate, and communicate all information changes throughout the enterprise. DataMirror helps customers make better decisions by providing access to the continuous, accurate information they need to take timely action and move forward faster.
More than 2,100 companies have gained tangible competitive advantage from DataMirror software. DataMirror is headquartered in Markham, Canada, and has offices around the globe. For more information, visit www.datamirror.com.
# # #
Note to Readers: This press release contains certain statements that constitute forward-looking information or statements within the meaning of applicable securities laws ("forward-looking statements"). Such forward-looking statements involve known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors that may cause the Company's actual results or performance to differ from the projected results or performance contained in such forward-looking statements. Forward-looking statements may also include, without limitation, any statement relating to future events, conditions or circumstances. DataMirror cautions you not to place undue reliance upon such forward-looking statements, which speak only as of the date they are made. The words "anticipate", "believe", "estimate" and "expect" and similar expressions are intended to identify forward-looking statements. Numerous important factors affect DataMirror's operating results and could cause DataMirror's actual results to differ materially from the results indicated by this press release or by any forward-looking statements made by, or on behalf of, DataMirror, and there can be no assurance that future results will meet expectations, estimates or projections. These factors include, but are not limited to, the following: the difficulty of developing, marketing and selling new products successfully; variability of quarterly operating results; dependence upon the continued growth and success of DataMirror's software products; competition; rapid technological change and new product introductions; dependence upon continued growth in the database and enterprise data integration markets; dependence upon relationships with complementary vendors and distribution channels; the ability to recruit and retain key personnel; risks of international operations, including currency exchange rate fluctuations and global economic conditions; possible software errors or defects; possible infringement claims by third parties; and other factors discussed in DataMirror's Annual Information Form and other periodic filings with applicable securities regulators. Should one or more of these risks or uncertainties materialize, or should assumptions underlying the forward-looking statements prove incorrect, actual results may vary materially from those indicated in any forward-looking statements. DataMirror disclaims and does not assume any obligation to update these forward-looking statements.
Copyright 2007 DataMirror Corporation. DataMirror, iCluster and the DataMirror family of related marks are registered trademarks of DataMirror Corporation. DataMirror and the DataMirror logo are registered in the U.S. Patent and Trademark office, the Canadian Intellectual Property Office, and may be pending or registered in other countries. All other products and services mentioned are trademarks of their respective companies.