For news of upcoming conferences, legislative updates and focus group updates - read on
COLLABORATE – (Las Vegas, NV) At the COLLOBORATE conference, Jeremy and I presented the HR Core Roadmap session “Power of PeopleSoft HR” and attended Meet the Experts. During the conference I was able to ‘recruit’ more customers for our HR Community, please welcome SpartanNash and City of Surrey, BC. A special thanks to our Customers/Partners –Allegis, BART, County of Alameda, DLA Piper, East Kentucky Power Co-op, Erickson Living, ERPA, Hawaiian Air, MIPRO, Mutual of Omaha, Omaha Public Power District, Presence of IT, Quest International, SpearMC, Wells Fargo, WestRock, Weyerhaeuser, WorkSafeBC, WorkStrategy for sharing their free time to meet with me.
At COLLOBORATE the big themes I saw customers discussing were:
- Recruiting –Customers really liked the new Fluid Candidate Gateway (already 5 customers live with this feature, more implementing each month)
- Onboarding – Jeremy did a live demo of the new Onboarding feature (first time customers have seen the feature at a conferenceJ)
- Meet the Expert (customers ask us questions) – Guided Self Service was the hot topic this year. Customers had questions around position mgmt integration (already delivered) and what are some of the new enhancements being delivered for GSS.
PeopleSoft India SIG (Bangalore, India) – This is a great forum for the exchange of information between the Oracle PeopleSoft Team, our customers and our partners. It is an excellent platform to share customer success stories and experiences
Some very dynamic and high energy sessions included:
- The interactive PeopleSoft design session where groups of participants were given challenges that they had to try to resolve using PeopleSoft constructs.
- A game involving the participants that demonstrated how PeopleSoft became agile to deliver continuously. Followed by a presentation from HAYS about how they became agile to consume continuously and developed a ‘Model Office’ concept to help retire customizations and adopt new delivered features.
- The fluid momentum is strong . Customers are awed by the things that the PeopleSoft team continues to deliver. Cloud Manager will see probably see a high uptake in the coming months.
Customer Corner - I want to highlight the great accomplishments our HR Focus Group Customers have done this month. If your organization has done something great (upgraded, deployed fluid/new functionality) please let me know so you can get your well deserved recognition.
HR Focus Group Updates: Thank you to all the customers who volunteered to participate in the focus group
- Guided Self Service (GSS) Focus Group - New & Improved Manager Self Service – Delivered two new features -Update Employee’s Hours (FTE) transaction and Clone Position transaction – see pages shots attached. DEV is currently working on Multi-Select feature (ability to select multi people for one transaction).
- Global HR Focus Group – Delivered ePay for self service, employees can update their banking (ex, IBAN) information – see pages shots attached.
- Employee Snapshot Focus Group (360 view of EE’s info in MSS) – In image 22, delivered 4 new tiles for Employee Summary and a new Performance Tile. – see pages shots attached.
- U.S. Federal Focus Group – Meeting with Partners will be on last Thursday of every month (est 90 minutes). For participation in US Federal Customer Focus Group or Partner Focus Group, please contact Venky (firstname.lastname@example.org)
***Important Note*** Focus Groups are open to all customers, calls are typically once a month for an hour or as needed. Your organization needs to have a current CPCA (customer participation confidentiality agreement) since Oracle discloses future design and prototypes. Email me if you are interested in any of the above focus groups.
USA/Global Legislative Updates – https://blogs.oracle.com/PsftLegUpdates/
- France – The French Government has announced a legislative change necessitating an increase in the RSA amount for Garnishments (Saisie sur salaries). This new amount is effective from 1st of April 2017.
- Australia - ATO has released a new draft Electronic Reporting Specification Tax file number (TFN) declaration reporting version 3.0.0
- Brazil - the government has posted a new version (2.2.01) of the eSocial file layout to the official eSocial Website.
HR Bundles/PUM Update – tentative dates
- 9.1 – Bundle #24 scheduled for May 5
- 9.2 – Image #23 scheduled for July 14
- 9.2 – Image #22 – posted April 21 - Image 22 - Highlights Video
PeopleSoft General Update –
- New PeopleSoft Talk – In this episode, Marc talks with Matthew Haavisto, Product Strategy Manager for PeopleTools, about Simplified Analytics.. https://youtu.be/iwtYUdB0PpU
Julie Alonso | Product Management Director, Oracle