The UKOUG has launched a Professional membership aimed at recognising the achievements of those Oracle users who pass the Oracle Certified Professional (OCP) exams and/or have acquired membership of specific professional associations.
Oracle Professionals’ expertise recognised by the UK Oracle User Group
The UK Oracle User Group has launched a Professional membership aimed at recognising the achievements of those Oracle users who pass the Oracle Certified Professional (OCP) exams and/or have acquired membership of specific professional associations.
The launch of the professional membership is a further example of the UKOUG encouraging the enhancement of the skill level of individual Oracle practitioners. UKOUG professional membership is an excellent benchmark for employers to gauge the knowledge and ability of an individual.
Once an individual has achieved professional membership, the UKOUG will continue to encourage personal development. All professional members will be required to attend at least two Special Interest Groups per year or the annual Conference to maintain their membership.
Ronan Miles, Chairman of the UKOUG commented “The introduction of this membership is a significant step by the User Group in recognising that Oracle is a community comprising more than just the supplier and its customers. We continue to hold the needs of the Oracle customer close to our hearts but with this membership we recognise that career professionals working with Oracle technologies have their own special place in the User Group product. You can anticipate further announcements from us broadening our product range to other aspects of the Oracle community in due course”.
Professional membership rules -
The membership is fully voting
The membership is ’personal’, that is to say non transferable
The following professional associations are entitled to join the UKOUG under the Professional Membership banner. Proof required:
1. CIMA (Chartered Institute of Management Accountants)
2. ICAEW (Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales)
3. BCS (British Computer Society)
4. CIPD (Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development)
5. IMIS (Institute for the Management of Information Systems)
6. CIM (Chartered Institute of Marketing)
7. IEE (Institute of Electrical Engineers)
8. IMechE (Institute of Mechanical Engineers)
9. IOM (Institute of Operations Management)
11. ICA Northern Ireland (Institute of Chartered Accountants)
12. ICA Ireland (Institute of Chartered Accountants)
13. ICA Scotland (Institute of Chartered Accountants)
14. ICS (Irish Computer Society)
15. CIPD in Ireland (Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development)
Professional members must attend not less than 2 SIGs or Conference to maintain their membership
The cost of Professional membership is £260 + VAT plus a £50 joining fee
The membership fee entitles the members to:
Additional SIGs at the member rate
Free annual subscription to Oracle Scene Magazine
Invitations to events at the member rate
Access to the member parts of the website
Member rate for Conference