They came, they created, they agreed, they debated, an agenda was born...
On Tuesday 21st May the Apps13 Committee and UKOUG staff joined together at the Oracle City Office in London for the first ever Apps13 Agenda Planning Day.
2013 is an exciting year for UKOUG. The split of the traditional Technology and E-Business Suite conference means that this October will bring a fresh conference in a brand new venue that will be purely devoted to Oracle Application users.
After a brilliant call for papers response, the abstracts were reviewed by member main contacts, past speakers and Apps13 Committee members. These groups enable us to get a balanced view from a wide spectrum of industry expertise. Those presentations that appear most desirable are then clear to see from the voting scores, they then form the basis of the agenda.
As Apps13 covers a range of products we need representatives for each set so, the committee were split into their different product streams according to which area they specialise in. It was then important for the committee members to:
- Take the results from the online judging and highlight the top rated submissions
- Make sure attendees with different skill levels have sessions of interest in each area
- Have a good variety of presenters ranging from end users who have a story to share, through to high level industry ‘gurus’ and Partner solutions
- Work out the ‘flow’ of the sessions whilst making sure that there are no clashes
Once the agenda has been formed, we also need to ensure we have reserve papers just incase any of speakers who have been chosen are now unable to commit to the date or their circumstances have changed. Also not all the abstracts are "perfect" so the committee make note of any questions or tweaks to the papers that are required, these are then fed back to our potential speakers.
Debra Lilley @debralilley
Agenda planning for apps_13 today - love it when a plan comes together - will be a great @UKOUG event in October
Here are a few agenda highlights and themes that have formed so far:
- CRM – A more varied agenda than in the past with a theme of mobile
- BI - Case studies, real life experiences combining BI, EBS and Hyperion for enterprise reporting, best practices around virtualisation and extending out of the box capabilities.
- PeopleSoft – Exciting presentations on 9.2
- Oracle E-Business Suite - Excitement around roadmaps along with customer experiences and presentations on Cloud
- Hyperion – Case studies, customer experiences, masterclasses and a panel session
As you can see putting together our first Applications Conference agenda really is down to the efforts of our members. Thank you all!
Register your interest
to be the first to hear when registration opens and get an exclusive sneak peek at the agenda.
Please note - If you have submitted a paper for this conference, you will be notified if your paper has been selected by mid June.