Position Title: Finance Director, (Non-Executive) listed with Companies House and active as a member of the Board of Directors
Reports to: Board of Directors
Reporting to this position: None
Qualifications: Accountancy qualification, e.g. ICAEW, ICAS, ACCA, CIMA
Contract type: Two-year fixed term contract, average of c30 hours per month at £50 per hour
UKOUG is looking for an experienced Finance Director to oversee all aspects of financial management, including management accounting and financial reporting, budget and forecast preparation, as well as development of internal control policies and procedures.
The UKOUG Board, together with the Finance Director, establishes and assures the accomplishment of the UKOUG mission and vision and its relevance to those it serves.
The UKOUG Finance Director, in partnership with the Executive Director and Board, is responsible for the financial success of UKOUG.
The Finance Director has responsibility for the financial operations of the business and ensuring these are carried out in accordance with the direction and policies established by the Board and Executive Director.
The Finance Director works with the Executive Director to provide leadership and direction to financial staff.
The expected commitment required is c30 hours per month, varying by month to match the planning, accounting and board meeting cycle. A degree of remote working is possible.
The UKOUG year end is currently December and the accounts are not audited, however it is proposed that the year end date is moved and the accounts are audited in future periods. The responsibilities of the Finance Director will include validation of these proposals and execution of the change.
- Works with the Financial Controller to ensure day-to-day financial operations are carried out efficiently and effectively
- Ensures an effective management reporting system operates to keep the Board fully informed on the financial operating condition of UKOUG, allowing it to monitor and evaluate UKOUG’s financial performance
- Assures financial process quality through development and implementation of standards and controls, systems and procedures, and regular evaluation
- Works with the Executive Director to specify accountabilities for the Financial Controller and evaluates performance regularly
- Works with the Executive Director and Board to develop a viable budget in support of UKOUG’s values, mission and short and long-term goals
- Works with the Executive Director to manage the organisations’ resources, including its cash balance
- Recommends and promotes programs and services to introduce financial economies whilst maintaining an acceptable level of quality
- Ensures a successful year end process, including production of the annual accounts and external audit sign-off
- Ensures probity and completion of all tax management, reporting and resolutions with HMRC
- Safeguards the good name and ethos of the organisation, conveying a professional and positive image and attitude regarding UKOUG
- Works with the Executive Director to enable the Board to fulfil its governance functions
- Presents accounts and financial plan to UKOUG members at the Annual General Meeting
The Finance Director is required to attend 4 Board meetings per year at User Group House, Wimbledon, as well as monthly Board calls.
A broad business background, ideally with knowledge of working with not for profit organisations
Professional accountancy qualification, e.g. ICAEW, ICAS, ACCA, CIMA
Experience of working effectively with a Board of directors.
Strategic thinker and equally capable of operational delivery
High levels of integrity
Proactive and ability to make change happen
Excellent communication skills
UK Oracle User Group (UKOUG)
User Group House
591-593 Kingston Road
Registered in England Company No 2334102
VAT Number: 529 9660 96
Applications (covering letter and CV) to be sent to Karen McCormack at: email@example.com by 09:00, 2nd August 2016
Interviews will take place in August, so please state any availability constraints in your application.