9 February 2015
Registration is open... what would you like to see on the agenda?
Our first Database SIG of the year was a sell out, so we recommend you get your name down early for the April SIG.
Feedbackfrom attendees about the January SIG was great. We particularly welcomed your suggestions about how we can make your experience more valuable next time - we’ll definitely be taking these into account as part of our planning for the next event.
Philip Brown from e-DBA ran the DBA Forum on the day and has summarised his session nicely.
We also had lots of suggestions for future agenda topics, so we’d like to know from all of you which of the following topics spark your interest.
- 12c new RMAN recovery features
- Performance / troubleshooting using interpretive methods rather than GUI
- OEM 12c real-world scenarios
- Cloud options from Oracle / 3rd parties and the licensing implications
- The best method to use when upgrading from non-supported versions (pre 11g)
- Managing Standard Edition databases
- Real analysis of VMWare as a platform for Oracle
- ODA and viable alternatives to ODA
- Database security practices Database Performance Real World Trends
- Use cases for pluggable databases
Tell us which number(s) you would like to see covered at a future SIG by leaving a comment below and we’ll pass your feedback to the committee. Of course, if you have other ideas please feel free to suggest them below too.